What is WIC?
WIC is a nutrition education program.. WIC provides nutritious foods that promote good health for pregnant women, women who just had a baby, breastfeeding moms, infants and children up to age 5.
Who is Eligible for WIC?
Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a baby less than 6 months old, and infants and children up to 5 years old are eligible to apply for WIC. Fathers are welcome to apply for WIC for their children up to age 5.
To qualify for services you must:
- Live in Ohio
- Meet WIC income guidelines
- Have certain nutritional or health risks
What Does WIC Provide?
- Nutrition education and support
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Referral for health care
- Immunization screening and referral
- Supplemental foods such as:
- Whole-grain foods
- Fruits and Vegetables
How Do I Apply?
Make an appointment
Call Union County WIC at 937-645-2064 to schedule an appointment with a WIC staff member.
See if you qualify
All it takes is a visit to your local WIC clinic to see if you qualify for services
Receive WIC coupons
If you are eligible, you will receive coupons to buy healthy foods at WIC-approved grocery stores.
What Do I Bring to My First Visit?
- Proof of income (current pay stubs, approval letter for Healthy Start, Ohio Works First, Food Stamps or current Medicaid card)
- Proof of address (utility or credit bill, or Ohio driver's license)
- Proof of identity for you and any other applicants (birth certificate, driver's license, Medicaid card, crib card or shot record)
- All family members applying for WIC services
- If pregnant, a doctor's statement showing due date
- Children's shot records